Sunday, December 15, 2019 - 5:00am
Position requires qualifications and experience for proficiency and competence in performing installation, operation, repair, and maintenance of the District’s electrical infrastructure, instrumentation & controls, and information technology network systems. Position to implement proper electrical standards and incorporate technological advancements into various plant & process operations. Also includes participation in external education, skill development, and technology-based training and certification programs.
Candidates should possess an electrical license valid in the State of Illinois or be able to obtain one within 30 days of hire. All employees are required to have a valid Class D drivers license.
Preferred candidates will possess high-level diagnostic and problem-solving capabilities regarding Electrical equipment, Instrumentation & Controls, and other treatment process operations.
DSD wastewater treatment plant operates 24-7-365, and all personnel must be available for scheduling consistent with needs of the plant and District. This position is scheduled during the Mon-Fri, 7:00AM to 3:30PM shift. Position is required to respond if critical/emergency conditions take place outside normal hours.
Education: The minimum educational requirements for this position are:
- Employee must hold a high school diploma, or GED, and have relevant knowledge and/or expertise in this or a related field. Certifications, specialized training, and/or coursework specific to electrical systems, process controls and/or data network operations are beneficial. College degrees in related fields are also considered in the selection process.
- Candidates shall have participated in an electrical apprenticeship or other equivalent training system.
Experience: Candidates for this position should possess the following experience, or
other experience determined equivalent to the following:
- Five (5) years of experience in industrial maintenance, electrical and instrumentation/controls systems, process control operations and maintenance of IT networks. Similar activities in a wastewater treatment environment is preferred.
- Prior experience involving electrical system standards, safety requirements, and/or licensing is required.
- Working knowledge of data network maintenance, automated controls and technology, and/or use of diagnostic or customized software preferred.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 5 - 10 years
Required degree level:
- High school