Monday, November 30, 2020 - 9:02am
The EHS/Safety Specialist performs safety, health and/or environmental activities in industrial plant to evaluate and control process hazards by performing the following duties:
- Tests noise levels and measures air quality.
- Maintains and calibrates monitoring instruments.
- Maintains OSHA 300 log and reporting of regulatory information.
- Maintains respirator program including distribution, training, fit tests and inspections.
- Trains forklift operators to qualify for certification.
- Trains employees and contractors, and maintains training records on safety and health requirements to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Enforces safety policies.
- Issues and monitors hot work permits, confined space entries, and lockout/tag out permits.
- Investigates accidents and prepares accident reports.
- Identifies potential causes for accidents and recommends changes in policies and procedures to prevent accidents and illness.
- Performs inspections and audits related to EHS compliance and management systems.
- Assists with Process Safety Management activities including incident tracking, auditing, CPARs, and management of change.
- Assists with SDS preparation and label preparation.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- BS degree in EHS field, industrial hygiene or engineering; or 5 or more years of EHS related work experience and/or training in manufacturing or petrochemical industry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as OSHA regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of people.
- Knowledge of Project Management software, Internet, Word, Excel, AutoCAD.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Must pass drug screening prior to employment.
- Full time
Days per week:
Monday - Friday
Required degree level:
- Bachelor's degree
15662 E. 980 N., Westville, Illinois 61883
Company offers health and dental plans. Company paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance. 401k/Roth 401k with company match. DynaChem is an employee owned company.