- Full time
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Days per week:
Applicants are being solicited to fill the EHS Manager position, responsible for four locations within Danville, IL. The EHS Manager is a salaried, exempt position.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assure compliance by remaining current on all relevant federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Disseminates necessary information to management and supervisors.
- Performs applicable audits of workplaces and policies, develops risk prevention strategies, and implements and reviews to ensure corrective action has been taken
- Provides management and technical expertise in the fields of emergency response, hazardous materials, and other environmental matters to maintain a safe and healthy workplace and to monitor potential exposure
- Maintaining certifications for
- Federal, State and Local Hazardous Waste Management
- Chemical treatment and testing.
- Interfacing with regulatory agencies, both Federal, State and Local
- Interfacing with environmental and safety consultants
- Representing the Company at local health and safety meetings
- Facilitate and/or lead required annual workplace training and new hire orientation
- Oversee First Responders, ensuring proper training of responders and adequate coverage across all shifts is maintained
- Coordinate/facilitate workplace accident/incident investigations; analyzing trends in near miss and incident reports and implementing appropriate corrective action
- Oversee plant safety programs, evaluating for risk potential and adjusting as needed
- Any and all other duties assigned.