- Full time
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Days per week:
Monday - Friday
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace.
- General duties and responsibilities for Environmental, and Health & Safety Management Systems:
- Support EHS management system objectives complementary to company objectives through the coordination, and support EHS management system activities.
- Support of EHS management system training programs.
- Maintain working knowledge of industry EHS management system standards.
- Interpret EHS management system philosophy to company personnel.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during EHS management system reviews and the action plans.
- Actively engages in EHS teams within the organization.
- Performs EHS Audits.
- Reviews, updates and maintains EHS documentation
- Lead value added initiatives to improve employee incident rates, eliminate occupational safety hazards and reduce workers compensation costs such as Near Miss Program, Risk Assessments, Pre-Job Hazard Assessments.
- Review internal EHS policies and practices to ensure that they are current and appropriate, and revise company documentation as necessary.
- Develop and facilitate training for new and existing employees regarding safety and environmental procedures such as safety talks, equipment training, Lockout Tagout, Arc Flash, New Hire Onboarding, and existing employee Inboarding.
- Manages EHS Master Schedule.
- Leads Near Miss Program
- Responsible for logging, reporting and escalation process
- Develop and oversee plant health and safety programs. Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety regulations per thyssenkrupp, ANSI and OSHA guidelines and other regulatory agencies.
- Supports the implementation of the established OSH objectives and targets such as OSH Roadmap, LOTO, PPE, New Machine Acceptance and Risk Assessments.
- Inventory control and inspection of Fall Protection Equipment, Crain/ Hoist, Eye Wash Stations, Safety Data Sheets, Arc Flash and PPE.
- Responsible for the Property Damage Process including the documentation, investigation/ root cause and corrective action.
- Manages the following programs including but limited to program design, training, equipment upgrades and Risk Assessments:
- Arc Flash
- Lockout Tagout
- Risk Assessments
- New Machine Acceptance
- Contractor Management
- Confined Space
- Fire Protection and Response
- Acts as Emergency Preparedness and Emergency Action Plan Coordinator
- Available to work flexible hours and available “on-call” afterhours to attend to workplace injuries, property damages, environmental spills etc.
- Coordination of Drug Free Workplace (drug testing). Post incident and probable cause.
- Develop and oversee plant environmental programs. Ensure compliance with all environmental regulations per thyssenkrupp, ANSI and OSHA guidelines and other regulatory agencies.
- Completes and signs off on state and federal environmental entity’s regulatory reports including Annual Tier II, SARA Form R, and NPDES Environmental Reporting.
- Develops meaningful KPIs regarding the tracking and reduction of waste (recycling, waste, scrap, solid waste and recycled oil).
- Manages the Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure and Storm water Pollution Prevention Plans and conducts audits to ensure compliance.
- Manages Recycling, Hazardous and Universal Waste.
- Ensures GHS Compliance, maintains SDS Database, New Chemical Introduction and Labeling.
- Coordinate outsourced testing and survey of Plant Industrial Hygiene related to noise and air.