Friday, May 31, 2019 - 12:00pm
DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING & FACILITIES
Danville Sanitary District seeks an experienced and licensed professional to provide leadership and oversight of Engineering & Facility functions. Position reports to the Executive Director with responsibilities including budget management, supervision of personnel, public procurement, guidance and coordination of consultant activities, development and execution of capital improvements, facility compliance requirements, and implementation of District policies, procedures and programs. Position serves as the Division Head and actively participates on District Leadership Team.
Candidates must possess the following:
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office products, infrastructure design software, experience with GIS and the ability to learn other custom software applications.
- Minimum 7 years of high-level engineering experience, including project design and management capabilities, in a public entity or organization of similar size.
- Significant experience in development, design, execution, and management of Capital Improvement Projects and programs associated with sanitary sewer collection systems and/or wastewater treatment facilities.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a position of leadership with performance accountability over direct and indirect reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively and properly represent the District regarding future development projects, Code enforcement matters, regulatory compliance conditions, as well as, stakeholder and customer issues.
- Previous experience working with the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Division of Water is a plus including permitting, SRF financing, compliance reporting, and regulatory procedures.
- Thorough working understanding of industrial maintenance functions and practices including planning, scheduling, predictive, preventive, instrumentations and controls, documentation and record keeping, CMMS, and asset management.
Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in civil or environmental engineering from an accredited institution. Candidates must be registered as a licensed professional engineer in Illinois, or be able to obtain Illinois registration and license within six (6) months from the date of hire. Other license’s and/or Class I Illinois Wastewater License are beneficial.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 5 - 10 years
Required degree level:
- Bachelor's degree