Monday, May 31, 2027 - 7:30am
JOB SUMMARY (Briefly state why this position exists)
Safely and efficiently transports product from the warehouse to various customers and properly unloads the product according to customer invoices.
- Safely transports product from the warehouse to the customer(s) and ensures product is delivered on a timely basis. Maintain an adequate level of fuel in the vehicle. Report any equipment discrepancies to the manager for immediate action.
- Unload product according to customer specifications.
- Ensures all logs and trip reports are completed accurately and submitted on a timely basis according to DOT and company standards.
- Ensures all invoices are turned in daily and any adjustments are completed correctly. Report all damages and shortages promptly.
- Develop and establish good relationships with the customers by providing excellent and courteous service.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Ensure complete and accurate reporting, this may require the utilization of the onboard Xata computer system.
- Ensure all vehicle equipment maintenance reports are properly verified and completed for all pre-trip / post-trip inspections.
- Safely transports product picked up via backhauls and line hauls and ensures picked up is correct and is delivered on a timely basis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school diploma/GED plus 1 year of tractor trailer driving experience preferred. Completion of a tractor trailer driving school will be accepted instead of, or in addition to a high school diploma.
Work is medium to heavy in nature. Half the day is spent driving a tractor/trailer unit. You must be able to climb in and out of trailer and tractor for an average of 15-28 hours per run, the average run is 21 hours, 3 times per week. Safely lift up to 50 lb. boxes continuously, lift up to 75 lb. boxes occasionally, average 700cases/4100Lbs per run and move product with a 2-wheel handcart down a ramp and into the stores freezers, coolers and store. The job requires continuous walking, stepping up and down, bending, twisting, standing, pushing, pulling, climbing, grasping, and lifting overhead. Sitting required in truck in-between stops and to and from the first and last stop. You must be able to communicate clearly to customers.
You must be able to read at a distance close to the eyes and at arms length with or without correction. Driving requires distance vision. You must be constantly alert while driving. In addition you must be able to perform manual task, hear, walk, stand, sit, reach, lift, bend, speak and interact with others.
Activities occur both inside (protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside. Position is subject to various road, mechanical and electrical hazards. Employee is subjected to extreme outside cold/damp conditions.
3 axle tractor, 45' - 48' trailer, straight truck, CADEC/XATA or on board computer, key pad and a 2 wheel hand cart.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION
CDL License (appropriate class for equipment being driven)
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years