Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 12:00pm
TEMPORARY, FULL TIME POSITION (through June 2019)
Do the best work of your life at Greenhouse Megastore!
Do you desire a career in sales/customer service? This is it! Do you want a job where you are valued and your ideas matter? This is it! Do you want a relaxed work environment that is team oriented? This is it!
Greenhouse Megastore, one the the nation's leading suppliers of hobby and commercial greenhouse structures, greenhouse and garden supplies, is seeking an entry-level Customer Care Agent to join our Danville, Illinois, sales/customer service team through our busy season (June 2019). GMS will provide you a great work environment and competitive wage in exchange for a good days work, an excellent attitude, team player and customer-focused work ethic. Prior experience in a telesales or outside sales/customer service environment or knowledge in the field of horticulture or agriculture preferred but not required if you have the drive to learn about our “green” industry or a have a passion for horticulture or gardening.
Normal Work days: Monday-Friday
Normal Work Hours: 8 hour shift between core business hours of 7:30am-6:00pm CT
Under general supervision of the Marketing and Sales Director or other supervisory or lead personnel as designated, the Customer Care Agent 1 is an entry-level telephone sales and customer service position that is responsible for performing a variety of inbound and outbound telemarketing sales and customer service related duties regarding Greenhouse Megastore products and services to ensure to the customer that their order has been processed and/or their customer service concern has been addressed to their satisfaction, continually striving to deliver the best customer experience and generate repeat business.
The Customer Care Agent 1 is accountable for effectively working as part of the Customer Care support team responsible for the overall intake of customer calls into the general call center. Primary duties include, but are not limited to the following: taking calls to process general telephone sales orders or answering basic questions about GMS product and/or services in order to secure and process a sale; appropriately transferring sales calls that require a higher-level of sales support; responding to customer service inquiries to address concerns related to existing orders, questions about products they received, or other general order-related inquiries; and provides general assistance as needed to team members to most efficiently take care of the customer’s needs. This is accomplished by completing sales accurately and/or resolving any customer concerns related to their order, product, or services in the most efficient manner for the Company and the customer in accordance with established policies and procedures.
As part of the Customer Care support team, the Customer Care Agent 1 is responsible for answering inbound general calls to the main support number in the area of general sales and customer support. These calls are from new and existing customers regarding GMS products or services that require Customer Care Agent support to either process an order, respond to a customer service related request, or transfer the call to the appropriate higher-level sales agent to address the customer’s needs. This position is fast paced and requires excellent computer knowledge, communication skills, and a sales/customer service-oriented attitude to ensure customers receive the highest level of customer satisfaction. This is accomplished by:
- Processing general sales calls – this responsibility entails being a part of the customer care support team that processes in-bound general sales calls and processes orders that requires basic to mid-level sales skills and product knowledge. All orders are to be processed according to GMS sales policy and procedures and using in-house training and acquired sales skills prepared sales scripts as a guideline to provide product information and price quotations to secure the sale while promoting GMS products for cross-selling opportunities. This may also involve getting assistance from a higher-level Customer Care Agent or designated team lead to meet the customer’s needs.
- Transferring higher-level sales calls – All sales calls that require a higher level of sales skills or product knowledge (i.e., trade, or commercial/residential greenhouse sales) or is on the list of products or services that must be sold by a higher-level agent must be transferred to the appropriate in-house sales team member per the established procedures. This ensures that our customers receive the highest level of care required to accurately and quickly address the customer’s needs, securing the sale, and successively develop a favorable relationship with the customer to provide the best customer experience to gain repeat business.
- Resolving in-bound calls related to customer service - As part of the in-bound call center, the customer care support team member will answer, and process calls related to customer service. This responsibility includes being part of the customer support team responsible for providing excellent general customer support. Utilizing company parameters and policies, takes appropriate action on the customer’s behalf, which may include problem determination and appropriate next steps. Where appropriate, works with a higher level Customer Care agent or designated lead to assist in offering an alternative solution with the objective of retaining customer's business and informs customer of those appropriate next steps, working with internal staff as-needed (sales, purchasing, warehouse management, or order management) to achieve an ultimate solution or elevating more critical or time sensitive issues to the GMS Sales and Marketing Director. This also includes any follow up to the customer as necessary to provide order information and ensure the solution is to their satisfaction.
- Continuing Education/Mentoring/Sales and Customer Service Skills - As part of this position, all Customer Care Agents are responsible to continue their job skills/job knowledge as it relates to GMS products and services and provide day-to-day job mentoring to team members as opportunities arise to assist in maintaining a learning, team environment. These requirements are part of the effort to continually build the overall effectiveness of the team while increasing personal job knowledge, job satisfaction, and eligibility to sell at higher levels - which ultimately provides our customers with the best service experience.
- Provide customers with timely and accurate information with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism on all requests by phone, written, and e-mail inquiries regarding sales or customer service issues and resolving them to the customer’s satisfaction within company parameters and policies.
- May be assigned to temporarily perform higher level sales or customer-service related duties in the absence of more senior level Customer Care Agents, order management support, or other management on an as-needed basis to meet business or customer demands.
- Effectively communicates with team leads, Marking and Sales Director, Order Management Specialist, and other team members regarding problems, solutions and trends to increase overall team performance/effectiveness and customer experience.
- Responsible for outbound telemarketing calls as assigned to assist with future sales opportunities. Must be comfortable cold-calling potential clients for sales or potential leads.
- Secures client sensitive information by following established company policies and practices.
- Maintaining and updating the established customer database to ensure proper customer contact information, order information, tracking leads, and sales history.
- Cross-trains and completes established educational and training goals (internal and/or external) as set by the Marketing and Sales Director in order to be eligible to sell higher level GMS products and services and assists others within the Customer Care team to meet business or customer demands.
- Prepares correspondence as needed or requested to complete customer orders or use in marketing GMS products or services.
- Actively participates in sales, customer service, or marketing training as requested or assigned. Complete training as required by attending live training sessions, assigned computer-based training, taking advantage of job shadowing or mentoring opportunities, or reading material as assigned to assist in developing or improving customer service/telemarketing skills and overall job performance skills/knowledge.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with GMS company policies, procedures, and safety rules.
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule within the Sales department’s core work hours (7:30am-6:00pm CT) to meet customer service or business demands.
- Perform all other job-related duties as assigned or requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High School diploma and 1 year of job experience; or certificate from technical school and 6 months related experience; or Bachelor’s degree in related field and no experience required.
· Desire to work in sales and customer service call center environment and be a team player.
· The ideal candidate should have the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with the ability to use their own initiative to ensure high standards of sales and customer service for call center customers. Customer service, sales, or prior call center experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Strong communication skills; Ability to understand the overall sales department operations, listen effectively, follow sales and customer service protocol to deliver an exceptional sales and/or customer service experience while generating company sales to meet or exceed set sales targets and meet customer satisfaction as it relates to resolving any matters related to customer service. Elevating potential sales or customer service concerns to the designated team leads for immediate assistance in securing the sale or providing excellent customer service support/resolution. All critical sales or customer service related issues will be directly addressed by the Marketing and Sales Director and/or designee.
2. Strong sales and customer service skills; Ability and initiative to learn about GMS’s products and services to effectively execute inbound tele sales and customer support calls to ensure a great customer experience, always striving to meet individual performance and department goals.
3. Strong teamwork skills; Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
4. Strong organizational skills; maximizing talk time in order to efficiently support GMS customer base as it relates to taking sales or providing customer support. Must be able to meet established talk time individual and team goals. Elevating potential leads to the appropriate sales staff in order to increase sales, detail oriented to ensure clients information is secured and handled according to company policies and providing a clean and safe work environment.
5. Must be self-motivated; Ability to perform at established guidelines for handling number of inbound calls, learning from higher-level Customer Care team members and completing assigned training in order to sell and process higher level GMS products and services, or meeting other defined targets or goals set by the Marketing and Sales Director to meet company goals or objectives.
6. Ability to use good judgment in order to work independently in taking care of customer needs or securing sales within company policies, practices and guidelines.
7. Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, telesales environment to meet productivity goals and customer expectations.
8. Must possess excellent computer skills to look up customer information, processing orders, input customer and order data into correct databases, timekeeping, and for company communication and training purposes.
9. Must be able to work overtime when necessary to meet customer or productivity demands.
10. Must be able to sit for long periods of time in a call center environment.
11. Must be reliable and maintain appropriate attendance standards.
12. Must pass pre-employment and random employment drug screens.
13. Must be able to work in an environment with free-roaming companion pets (dogs).
Physical demands: significant use of vision and finger/wrist dexterity to work at computer terminal and repetitive motions associated with computer and other related office equipment; significant time spent at work station taking inbound/outbound sales calls; significant time listening through a head set; requires significant mental demands such as: memorization of products and services, oral comprehension to service customer needs and written comprehension to process orders and maintain required customer information and tracking. Our company, at all locations, has a free-roaming, friendly dog for your enjoyment.
Greenhouse Megastore is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- High school