Sunday, February 28, 2021 - 9:30am
We are seeking Crisis Responders for a dual roll on our mobile crisis response team in Vermilion County; located in East-Central Illinois. Our crisis workers are the point of contact for all mental health crisis calls, 24 hours a day, seven days a week; whether someone just needs to talk over the phone and be given coping skills or they need to be assessed in person which can include facilitating a safety plan, a psychiatric hospitalization, or referrals to help them return to their previous level of functioning. The intake specialists performs intake duties gathering information from a person to assess and determine their service needs.
We offer a full benefit package including health, dental, vision, long term disability and life insurance effective the first of the moth after hire. We also offer participation in the 401k plan the first of the month after 90 days of employment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Complete assessments of mental status, history, strengths, needs, and abilities.
- Complete crisis assessments to meet the requirements of the State of Illinois and Crosspoint.
- Complete specialized assessments as indicated.
- Complete consents and releases as required.
- Provide, brief, crisis counseling to individuals experiencing a mental health crisis that causes them to have a deterioration in functioning.
- Provide follow up services within 24 and 72 hours.
- Complete progress notes for services rendered within 24 hours.
- Complete Pre-admission forms, consents and releases as required.
Schedule for this position will consist of one week Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the office; the following week will be Saturday and Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. crisis on call and Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the office.
BA/BS/BSW - $17.00/hour when performing duties in the office.
BA/BS/BSW - $18.00/hour when providing crisis coverage Sa-Su.
- 17 paid vacation days per year; hours accrued each pay period total 17 days
- 12 sick days per year; hours accrued each pay period to total 12 days
- 9 paid holidays off
- Crosspoint pays 80% of premium for health insurance for our employees and their families
- Group dental and vision
- Crosspoint paid Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment/Long Term Disability insurance
- Flex benefits through Colonial Life
- Employees may participate in the 401k after the completion of 90 days of service
Crosspoint Human Services is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as qualified individual with a disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a human services related field; Master's with license preferred.
- One year mental health experience required.
- Sound, holistic assessment skills are required and the ability to think and operate in a broad conceptual level as well as with detail.
- Demonstrate maturity and sound judgment.
- Capable of working with a multidisciplinary team.
- Valid Driver's License and automobile insurance.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- Bachelor's degree