- Full time
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Our Business Area Components Technology is passionate about everything that moves. It produces components for all application areas such as front and rear axles of all Porsche models or large-diameter anti-friction slewing rings for windmill-powered plants. 30.000 employees are responsible for the success of this Business Area.
thyssenkrupp integrated its Forging & Machining and Undercarriage businesses to start the new business unit Forged Technologies. With roughly 7,000 employees at 18 production sites in seven different countries, thyssenkrupp Forged Technologies has sales of over one billion euros and operates over 50 forging press lines and more than 150 machining and assembly lines in seven countries. The product portfolio includes undercarriage systems for heavy machinery as well as crankshafts, connecting rods, pistons, chassis products, transmission systems and rotor shafts for the automotive industry.
The Controls Engineer reports to the Electronic Services Group Leader and is responsible for troubleshooting and repairing plant equipment as well as taking on and overseeing special electronics projects.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Troubleshooting, repairing plant equipment, and PLC Programming
- Taking on special projects pertaining to plant electronics
- Assisting E-Techs
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair plant equipment involving checking voltages, changing out bad components, switching out gauges, as well as making camera and software adjustments
- Program PLCs and diagnose machine faults/failures
- Research and recommend machine control upgrades to address outdated controls
- Document changes to electrical drawings and generate upgraded drawings
- Prepare daily log reports and document/track the off shift activity to ensure proper follow up on machine problems and repairs
- Assist E-Techs
- Work on special projects such as machine function additions and troubleshooting, and repairing plant equipment
- Adding PLC relay outputs at the request of the customer
- Other projects and responsibilities as specified
Standards of Performance
- Minimizes downtime and improves machine efficiency
- Sees special projects through to completion
- Proficient in English Language
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- PLC experience, CNC troubleshooting experience, and AC/ DC servo drive experience
- Walking in a manufacturing setting with multiple stairs and inclines
Our offer to you
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website: https://www.thyssenkrupp-north-america.com
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!