Saturday, July 31, 2021 - 7:00am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Watchfire Signs is an 85+ year old company that is rapidly growing as an industry leader in the cutting-edge technology of digital LED signs. Our electronic message centers (EMCs) are designed for 24/7 outdoor signage use in all weather conditions. These cutting-edge outdoor LED displays may be as small as a time-and-temperature sign at a local bank or as large as 15'x50' and beyond. Our on-premise division sells to sign companies and dealers who re-sell our EMCs as a portion of a complete signage / business identity package for their customers.
Vertically integrated, Watchfire does everything from product engineering and circuit board assembly through final product integration and calibration. Post-sale, we provide world-class technical service and support. This allows us to sustain our position as the quality leader and the premium provider in our industry.
Based in Danville, Illinois, Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with company matching, affordable health & dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, offering an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where decisions can be made quickly.
This Continuous Improvement & Safety Coordinator reports directly to our Safety, Training, and Continuous Improvement Manager. S/He will provide guidance, structure, training and development for our environmental health and safety program.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Able to interact comfortably with various levels of management.
- Be able to speak to subject matter.
- Identify and facilitate process improvement projects, training/ workshops to drive cultural change
- Determine metrics, troubleshoot manufacturing/ business and assembly issues, material flow, project plans, production capacity, facility design and create process documentation
- Carrying out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, develop budgets and cost analysis to determine project feasibility
- Develop and conduct compliance audits, program evaluations and reviews to drive results with the fortitude to ensure change is permanent
- Document OSHA Response procedure and deliver training to all levels of the company
- Be the primary driver of a strong culture of safety throughout the organization.
- Manage all compliance reporting and testing
- Establish best practices in a manufacturing environment to ensure the identification and elimination of potential safety hazards using various methods including e.g., safety walks
- Create and deliver appropriate training throughout the organization
- Design, manage, and conduct Safety Walks
- Establish, record, and publish a Safety metric
- Manage adherence to NFPA70e
- Manage compliance issues such as OSHA, EPA, and DSD reporting
- Manage environmental issues such as EPA reporting, noise testing, air sampling
- Drive consistent and effective accident Root Cause investigations
- First aid and Near Miss reporting follow up
- Maintain the MSDS library and monitor usage of materials
- Establish and Manage an ISO 14001 compliant environmental system
- Working with various Apps in Office 365
- Performing and following up on Accident/Incident investigations
- Reviewing & enforcing existing OSH policies to keep them up to date
- Coordinate DOT procedures
- Training Groups on Safety or Continuous Improvement topics
- Proficient in MS Office365
- Experience as a Safety Coordinator or similar role
- Knowledge of, or Experience with Continuous Improvement and Lean
- Great Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- OSHA 10 or 30 Hour
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Required degree level:
- Bachelor's degree