Thursday, June 6, 2019 - 9:24am
Job Title: Maintenance & Construction Specialist
Reports To: Production Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Schedule: M-F 1st shift flexible with on-call responsibility
Prepared By: HR
Prepared Date: 5/1/2019
The primary responsibility is the operation of the packaging line including the understanding and capability to troubleshoot and knowledge to control the equipment. Coordinates and directs the design, planning, construction (25-50% of workload), maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, and other facilities by performing the following duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Inspects plant and evaluates use of space and facilities.
• Analyzes firm's HVAC systems, computer network wiring, lighting, and other factors.
• Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
• Performs audits to support facility planning.
• Develops long range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay requirements and documentation for facility.
• Formulates and coordinates program specifications, requirements for proposals and contracts, and associated documents.
• Acts as liaison to public utility, environmental, and energy agencies.
• Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
• Reviews real estate contracts for compliance with government specifications and suitability for occupancy.
• Oversees the coordination of building space allocation, layout, and communication services.
• Oversees and directs maintenance personnel and workers engaged in equipment installation, facilities equipment repair, and preventive maintenance.
• Ability to bring complex building and maintenance project from inception to completion including timelines, budgets and management.
• Experience in the following areas strongly desired:
o Vibration Analyst
o Flow, Pressure and Level control understanding
o Root Cause Failure Analysis
o Failure Mode Effects and Analysis
o Electrical Knowledge
o Plumbing Knowledge
o AC, DC and single-phase motors, gearboxes, pumps understanding
o TPM understanding
o Continuous Improvement understanding
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
HVAC, Fork Truck and OHSA training preferred.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Required degree level:
- Associate's degree