Tuesday, June 29, 2021 - 8:57am
CRIS Healthy-Aging is looking for an individual with an interest in working with older adults through Social Services to join our team as a Case Manager. Case Managers in the Community Care Unit are client advocates that form ongoing, collaborative relationships with clients and local community service providers to help improve a person’s lifestyle for the better.
- Provide Case Management services as designated in the Illinois Department on Aging - Case Management Manual for person’s age 60 and older.
- Make appropriate referrals to other agencies when necessary.
- Provide program information to the client/family and acts as an advocate for the client.
- Monitor clients and provides follow-up services.
- Maintain program records as outlined by the Illinois Department on Aging, East Central Illinois Area Agency on Aging, and the Vermilion County Health Department.
- Support and assist clients by developing an individualized care plan with goals to obtain the resources needed to improve upon the physical, social, and financial wellbeing of seniors.
- Care Coordination Case Managers take time to connect and work with clients to establish a more comprehensive understanding for their needs and concerns.
- Recognize and respect the confidentiality of all clients and records.
- Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy, and cultural competency toward older adults.
- Maintain a level of work that is detail-oriented, organized, and accurate.
- Commitment to a positive team environment with goal driven individuals.
- Requires the ability to respect and adapt to a diverse variety of care solutions for clients.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human/Social Services, Social Work, or Gerontology related field, RN/BSN or LPN with program experience.
Successful Candidate will also have:
- A passion for helping others, a desire to learn, and a positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to function well as a part of a team.
- Computer experience including timely and accurate data entry skills.
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation and insurance.
Benefits as a Full-time employee:
- Accumulation of 10 vacation days in 12 months.
- 6 sick days earned on a monthly accrual system.
- 14 paid holidays per year.
- Individual Retirement Account with matching contributions.
Work Hours will vary from 7:30AM - 4:30PM Monday – Friday.Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. EOE
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- Bachelor's degree