Monday, September 30, 2019 - 1:02am
An employee in this position will be responsible for assisting the Metals Manager in the daily administrative and clerical tasks as well as internal and external customer support related to commodities trading and brokered scrap. An employee in this position will be responsible for both internal record-keeping and processes as well as buy and sell-side customer support. This person reports directly to the Metals Manager.
1. Answer and direct phone calls and provide external and internal customer support for scrap brokerage.
2. Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports for internal record-keeping.
3. Develop and maintain a filing system for commodities trading records oversight and maintenance, as well as purchase orders, sales orders and invoicing of customers.
4. Handle sensitive financial information in a confidential manner.
5. Assign pick-up and delivery dates for brokered scrap.
6. Modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails for both internal and external communications.
7. Utilize computers to generate reports and conduct research.
1. Proven experience as an administrative assistant, office admin assistant or clerk
2. Working knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Office.
3. Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
4. Must possess an exemplary attention to detail for records oversight.
5. Must demonstrate good communications skills, possess the ability to communicate verbally with customers, employees, and supervisors, both in-person and on the phone.
6. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to pivot between multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
7. Understanding of financial principles.
8. Knowledge of scrap industry and/or transportation/logistics/commodities a plus.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Required degree level:
- High school
- Associate's degree