Friday, August 2, 2019 - 4:30pm
This professional division head position directs the activities of the Engineering Division. The employee is responsible for the department interface with the City Council, governmental agencies, utilities, developers, educational institutions, and the public.
Required Skills: The following skills are basic to the functions of this position: Candidates should possess these skills or be able to show their ability to develop these skills within 30 days of their start date.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Workload prioritization and organizational skills.
- Working relations with federal and state agencies.
- Proven expertise in grant management.
- Supervisory skills including evaluations, dispute resolution, and disciplinary procedures.
- Advanced proficiency level utilizing Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook; AutoCAD or MicroStation; and the Internet.
- Advanced math skills including trigonometry, geometry, and calculus.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, demonstrate leadership, analysis and decision making capabilities.
- Knowledge of building codes.
Qualifications: The following are considered minimum qualifications. Extensive related experience will be considered in lieu of these position requirements if they represent similar skills, knowledge, and levels of responsibility.
Education: The minimum educational requirements for this position are:
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or in a closely related field.
- Preference will be given to persons holding a Master’s Degree in Engineering, and/or other additional degrees and/or licenses, such as a Professional Engineer designation.
Experience: Candidates for this position must possess the following experience, or experience deemed to be equivalent to the following:
- Employee must have at least seven years of professional experience, including at least three years of supervisory experience in this field or a closely related field.
Required Licenses: The person holding this position must have the following licenses:
- Illinois Class D Drivers License.
- State of Illinois Registered Professional Engineer/Civil Engineer.
- Certification as Program Manager for National Bridge Inspection System (NBIS) by IDOT or obtain Certification within 6 months of employment.
- Consideration given for additional licenses
Applications can be found on the City website, www.cityofdanville.org, and may be mailed to the City of Danville Personnel Office, 17 W. Main Street, Danville, IL 61832, or emailed to email@example.com, or deposited in the City Building main floor lobby application box.
Personnel Office: (217)431-2300 Fax: (217)431-2202
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 5 - 10 years
Required degree level:
- Bachelor's degree