Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - 4:30pm
The City Electrician provides for the coordination, construction and maintenance of electric traffic control devices, City street lights. Assists with the construction and maintenance of lift stations, public buildings, park facilities and ESDA sirens. Identifies traffic control signal conditions, specifies and upgrades equipment. In addition, employee is expected to carry out any work assigned by supervisors. Employee must always carry a pager, is on call, and must respond to electrical emergencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following examples are illustrative of the work duties and responsibilities of this position. In addition to this list, the employee is expected to carry out any work assignment made by his/her supervisor.
- Coordinate, construct and maintain electric traffic control devices, and City street lights.
- Assists with construction and maintenance of lift stations, public buildings and facilities including public parks.
- Assist in the development of capital improvements program.
- Be available and on call. Must carry a pager for electrical emergencies.
Other Information: Employees of the City of Danville are expected to be honest, courteous and helpful to the public and handle matters in confidence. The City Council has adopted a “Code of Ethics” that is applicable to all employees and officers of the City.
Residency Requirements: Employees and Officers of the City of Danville must establish their principal residence in Illinois, within five miles of the City of Danville corporate limits within six months following successful completion of their probationary period. Department Heads are expected to live within the corporate limits.
The City of Danville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualifications: The following are considered as minimum qualifications. Extensive related experience will be considered in lieu of these position requirements if they represent similar skills, knowledge, and levels of responsibility.
Education: The minimum educational requirements for this position are:
- Employee must hold a High School diploma or G.E.D. Certificate from a recognized educational institution.
- Employee must have training as an electrician.
Experience: Employee must have three to five years of experience as an electrician or in a closely related field.
Required Skills: Candidates should possess these skills or be able to show their ability to develop these skills within 30 days of their start date.
- Employee must have basic computer skills.
- Employee must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Employee must have basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Employee must have electrician skills and must be knowledgeable of electrical construction, electrical codes, and traffic signal operation.
Required Licenses: The person holding this position must have the following licenses or be able to obtain the same within 90 days of their start date:
- Illinois Class A CDL Vehicle Operators License.
- Registered Class “A” Electrical Contractors License as issued by the City of Danville.
The complete job description and application are available on the City website, www.cityofdanville.org/human-resources.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Required degree level:
- High school