Tuesday, May 4, 2021 - 8:55am
Are you interested in the rapidly-expanding aging and disabilities services field? Do you have a burning desire to help others? Are you known for going above and beyond to help people in your professional and personal life? We've been looking for you!
Who we are:
CRIS Healthy-Aging works in the community with the goal of helping seniors and people on disability age in-place. We provide this service by helping them stay safe and comfortable at home, as long as possible. As part of our Senior Information Services (SIS) department, you will work as a case manager as a point of entry for people in the community.
A SIS Case Manager at CRIS Healthy-Aging links our clients to vital programs and services they need to achieve their highest levels of success and functioning.
Your role is to support and assist clients in obtaining the resources they need to improve upon their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health while promoting a culture of happiness and longevity. SIS Case Managers are client advocates that form ongoing, collaborative relationships with clients and local community service providers to help improve a person’s lifestyle for the better.
From our offices located within Champaign and Vermilion Counties, you will spend a majority of your time speaking with and connecting to clients to garner a more comprehensive understanding of their needs and concerns, work with clients so they can achieve their goals, organize outreach activities, and so much more!
What does it take to be a successful SIS Case Manager?
- Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy, and cultural competency towards older adults as well as towards persons with disabilities
- Provide excellent service and care to clients
- Be detail oriented, organized, and accurate
- Flexible and willing to change tasks as needs present themselves
- Commitment to a team environment
- Success oriented and goal driven
- A passion for helping others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to learn and a positive attitude
- Previous experience in social services or helping professions
- Competency in typing and data entry
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
Why will you love working at CRIS Healthy-Aging?
- You will gain incredible knowledge about our local social service programs and resources
- We are conveniently located in both Champaign and Vermilion Counties within communities that offer wonderful amenities
- We keep our employees engaged with open individual and team forums to focus on problems and process improvements by listening, sharing input and ideas, and enacting decisions and plans together
- We offer full-time benefits starting with: 10 vacation days, 6 sick days, and 14 holidays
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in social work, social services, or case management
Work Hours: 35 hour work week with rotating hours between 7:30AM - 5:00PM Monday - Friday
You must successfully pass a background check and be able to perform all duties assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- High school