- Full time
Days per week:
Uses computer assisted design/drafting (Autodesk Inventor CAD) software to develop designs.
- Creates and revises production drawings (detail and assembly drawings)
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, maerials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project
- Utilizes knowledge of various engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of products for Manufacturing
- Converts existing production drawings to current CAD format
- Communicates with Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality regarding new and revised prints
- Work with manufacturing to optimize manufacturability of designs
- Communicate with engineers to ensure proper design implementation
- Revise assemblies, drawings, and Bill of Materials for engineering changes
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Associates Degree in Industrial Engineering CAD, MET, Mechanical Engineering, related technical field. Military education also considered.
- Two+ years experience using 3D modeling software. Autodesk Inventor is preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of drafting standards required.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, required.
- Exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills a must.
- Creating Bills of Material & input it into an ERP system, desired.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience required.
- REQUIRED: Must have permanent authorization to work in the United States. Sorry, but H1B, OPT, CPT or other visas requiring employment sponsorship may not be considered for this opening.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.