- Full time
Days per week:
Watchfire Signs is an exciting, dynamic growing company, headquartered in Danville IL. We are more than 80 years strong and have been growing steadily. Vertically integrated, we do everything from engineering and sales through circuit board assembly; from accounting and technical support through final product integration and calibration. Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with matching, affordable health/dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, and are growing strong!
This continued growth and specialization has created the need for an additional CAD desiginer. Our CAD designers are critical team members whose work allows us to rapidly meet our customers' requests, to continually develop new product and improve existing product lines.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (Autodesk Inventor CAD) software to develop designs.
- Creates and revises production drawings (detail and assembly drawings)
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project
- Utilizes knowledge of various engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of products for Manufacturing
- Converts existing production drawings to current CAD format
- Communicates with Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality regarding new and revised prints
- Work with manufacturing to optimize manufacturability of designs
- Communicate with engineers to ensure proper design implementation
- Revise assemblies, drawings, and Bill of Materials for engineering changes
- Other duties and projects as assigned