Monday, August 24, 2020 - 4:30pm
City of Danville
Position Title: BUS DRIVER
Department: Public Transportation Division: NIA
Type of Position:
__X__ Full-Time ____ Temporary ____ Overtime Exempt __X__ Union
__X__ Part-Time ____ Seasonal __X__ Non-Exempt ____ Non-Union
Position Reports To/Supervised By: Director, Public Transportation & Mass Transit Operations Supervisor
Position Summary: The general purpose of this position and/or contribution to the department is :
Responsible for the safe, courteous and reliable operation of City owned passenger vehicles (Buses) as well as the safety of the general public. (Passengers, pedestrians, motorists, etc.) Drivers must be at least 21 years of age at the time of hire.
Qualifications: The following are considered as minimum qualifications. Extensive related experience will be considered in lieu of these position requirements if they represent similar skills, knowledge, and levels of responsibility.
Education: The minimum educational requirements for this position are:
- Employee must hold a High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate.
Experience: Candidates for this position must possess the following experience, or experience deemed to be equivalent to the following:
- Must have a combination of education, training, and at least two years’ experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of this position.
Required Skills: The following skills are basic to the functions of this position: Candidates should possess these skills or be able to show their ability to develop these skills within 30 days of their start date.
- Must have acceptable past driving record and be safety conscious.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Ability to deal with the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Must score within the acceptable range and satisfactorily complete all required tests.
Required Licenses: The person holding this position must have the following licenses or be able to obtain the same within 30 days of their start date :
- Illinois Class B CDL Vehicle Operators License with passenger endorsement, and no air brake restriction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following examples are illustrative of the work duties and responsibilities of this position: In addition to this list, the employee is expected to carry out any work assignment made by his/her supervisor.
- Knowledge of all standard operating procedures.- Must report to work properly.- Must practice safe defensive driving.- Must adhere to schedules.- Courteous handling of passengers.- Proper and timely completion of all job related reports.- Knowledge of all routes and schedules.- Must conduct pre-bus inspection as required.- Must have knowledge of all equipment and accident/incident procedures.- Proper collection of fares.
Other Information: Employees of the City of Danville are expected to be honest, courteous and helpful to the public and handle matters in confidence. The City Council has adopted a "Code of Ethics" that is applicable to all employees and officers of the City.
Residency Requirements: Drivers must establish their principal residence in Illinois, within the service area of DMT which includes parts of Westville and Georgetown, within six months following successful completion of their probationary period.
- Full time
- Part time / side job
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- High school