Thursday, October 1, 2020 - 7:30am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Watchfire Signs is an 85+ year old company that is rapidly growing as an industry leader in the cutting-edge technology of digital LED signs. Our electronic message centers (EMCs) are designed for 24/7 outdoor signage use in all weather conditions. These cutting-edge outdoor LED displays may be as small as a time-and-temperature sign at a local bank or as large as 15'x50' and beyond. Our on-premise division sells to sign companies and dealers who re-sell our EMCs as a portion of a complete signage / business identity package for their customers.
Vertically integrated, Watchfire does everything from product engineering and circuit board assembly through final product integration and calibration. Post-sale, we provide world-class technical service and support. This allows us to sustain our position as the quality leader and the premium provider in our industry.
Based in Danville, Illinois, Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with company matching, affordable health & dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, offering an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where decisions can be made quickly.
- Product Manager for Sports & Indoor product lines
- Design audio/visual system concepts, providing pricing for materials and labor estimates
- Create functional system concepts with supporting material such as schematics, block diagrams and wire frames
- Participate in preliminary and post-sale project meetings to ensure consistent hand-off and execution of projects
- Collaborate with sales team on client needs and presentation of new technologies
- Assist inside sales with quote preparation to ensure timely and accurate proposal responses
- Become trained on and eventually provide input on the design of integrated sports technology systems and building bill of materials.
- Review RFP’s for A/V and Control system design
- Maintain knowledge of latest products and industry trends
- Provide engineering support to installation technicians
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and other technical groups to resolve integration challenges and enhance system functionality
- Travel as needed both with and without sales for onsite meetings and site surveys
- Participate in customer consultations to discuss options for system designs
- On-site demonstrations of existing and new technology
- Extensive background in the commercial A/V industry including engineering, design and installation.
- Able to represent the company in a courteous and professional manner to customers, suppliers, and integration partners
- Extensive knowledge and experience with audio-visual systems, products, and components
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency in the key Microsoft programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience reviewing bid documents and preparing responses to formal RFPs
- Position is based at the corporate headquarters in Danville, IL.
- Bachelors or Associates degree
- Experience in the LED display and/or scoreboard market
- General knowledge of construction project management
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree