Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 12:00pm
Bill Smith Auto Parts is looking for an energetic, highly organized individual to join our team as an Automotive Estimator. This individual will need to possess self-motivation, a drive to succeed, must be detail-oriented, be highly organized, be a self-starter, and the capability of working with little supervision at times.
Job Responsibilities are not inclusive and are subject to change:
- Capture and process electronic images of vehicles
- Upload all pictures associated with condition reports (CR).
- Verify the quality and accuracy of each image.
- Check and identify vehicles for frame damage, flood damage, and sludge.
- Check vehicles for previous repairs and damages.
- Re-image or request re-imaging of any substandard images.
- Ensure every vehicle is within specifications.
- Manage inventory, equipment, and supplies as needed.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- Assess the extent of auto body damage through inspections.
- Guide production teams to properly disposition parts as good for use needs repair or scrap.
- Document & Communicate any identified defects.
- Comprehend current production quality standards and determine if ongoing production meets those standards.
- Communicate emerging and trending quality issues to prevent negative impact on the Company.
- Construct and maintain strong relationships with members of all nearby teams.
- Extensive automotive technical knowledge.
- Hardware and software knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Photographic skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Preferred Skills
- Ability to visually detect defects
- Ability to physically feel defects in sheet metal.
- Ability to identify and differentiate between several defect types.
- Ability to determine the severity of a defect and the required response.
- Ability to perform detailed daily record keeping and reporting of quality issues that will be referenced by management.
- Ability to communicate new defect information to team leadership and counterparts.
- Ability to be personable and effective in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skillset to engage and troubleshoot new quality issues.
- Ability to leverage general automotive surfacing knowledge.
- Follow work instructions to inspect parts for defects - mostly visual inspection.
- Automotive/Manufacturing Experience is required.
- You may need to be on your feet for 8+ hours a day.
- You may need to lift up to 30lbs, depending on the project
1+years of Automotive expierence.
1+ years of Auto Body Expierence.
High School Diploma or GED.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- High school