Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 12:00pm
Bill Smith Auto Parts is seeking a hardworking, competent individual to join our staff as an Automotive Dismantling Technician. This tech will carefully take a full car apart for the parts to go into inventory. Knowledge of automobiles and the ability to work efficiently and follow instructions are vital for the job.
A vehicle dismantler, or auto parts puller, pulls parts off vehicles for inventory or shipping. While a worker may be extremely knowledgeable about car dismantling, he must perform the dismantling procedure according to managements methods. The challenging work may involve cutting into vehicles with saws.
Apart from saws, dismantling technicians may also use power tools such as pneumatic wrenches to remove bolts quickly, and jacks and hoists to lift cars. Automotive employers often keep expensive power tools and engine analyzers on hand.
This job offers competitive pay, medical insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, tool & boot reimbursement plan, gas plan and uniform program along with great work life balance all while working on a 1st shift position with hours of Monday – Friday.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to tolerate exposure to hot and cold conditions
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team as required
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with or without accommodations
- ASE Certified is a plus but not required
- Minimum 1 years of experience preferred but not required.
- Must have your own tools (reimbursement program)
- Must have steel toe boots (reimbursement program)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be a responsible, hard worker with a good work ethic
- Must be able to pass background check
- Must be able to pass drug test.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- High school