Friday, April 30, 2021 - 7:00am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Watchfire Signs is an 85+ year old company that is rapidly growing as an industry leader in the cutting-edge technology of digital LED signs. Our electronic message centers (EMCs) are designed for 24/7 outdoor signage use in all weather conditions. These cutting-edge outdoor LED displays may be as small as a time-and-temperature sign at a local bank or as large as 15'x50' and beyond. Our on-premise division sells to sign companies and dealers who re-sell our EMCs as a portion of a complete signage / business identity package for their customers.
Vertically integrated, Watchfire does everything from product engineering and circuit board assembly through final product integration and calibration. Post-sale, we provide world-class technical service and support. This allows us to sustain our position as the quality leader and the premium provider in our industry.
Based in Danville, Illinois, Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with company matching, affordable health & dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, offering an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where decisions can be made quickly.
An Assistant Technician will be working in many different tasks the company from assisting technicians and clerical staff and all stages of service facility. Service facility includes order handling, processing outbound order to preparing parts for shipment. Assisting technicians includes cleaning electronics parts, doing basic testing on components, pulling/shelving components and completing parts for customer orders.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Fill service orders
- Clean, test and prepare to put into inventory all refurbished items
- Identify inbound core items, process check-in and diagnostics
- Assist Service Hardware Group technicians in determining repair levels required
- Maintain order/cleanliness in Service Hardware Group stock areas
- Provide proper care and maintenance of company property, including but not limited to office, computer, and telephone equipment
- Requires some physical ability such as moderate lifting, working on ladders and in lift platforms at heights, etc.
- Other duties as required
- List of qualification
- Strong, demonstrable computer skills with Microsoft office products required
- Customer service experience ideal
- Strong written communication skills
- Good verbal communication skills and very strong attention to detail
- A desire to solve problems and to develop and follow clear procedures
- The ability to work with numbers which includes the ability to cycle count items in inventory
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- High school
- Associate's degree