Wednesday, March 27, 2019 - 8:09am
CRIS Healthy-Aging is seeking an Investigator/Caseworker for our Adult Protective Services Department. The caseworker will investigate allegations of elder abuse / neglect / exploitation in Vermilion County.
The ideal candidate has a deep sense of justice, gets a great deal of satisfaction from helping people, and can empathize with people who are victims of abuse.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Investigations: In this position, caseworker will perform elder abuse investigations under Adult Protective Service statutes. APS stautes cover 60+ as well as adults18+ with disabilities
- Casework: Work with the alleged victim to identify safety concerns and resources available to deal with the abuse.
- Documentation: Complete casework in a timely manner
- Home visits: Visit clients in their homes for investigation and follow up
Qualifications & Skills:
- Prefer Master's degree with 1 year experience or minimum Bachelor's degree with at least ten years of experience required in social work or related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Valid driver's license, relaible transportation and vehilce insurance
- Knowledge of Vermilion County community services and resources.
Must be able to pass a background check.
Master's degree with 1 year experience or minimum Bachelor's degree with at least ten years of experince required in social work or related field
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- Bachelor's degree