Friday, May 31, 2019 - 11:59am
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strenghtening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Ensures all business procedures are followed at the association and provides administrative support to the association and Executive Director.
1. Manages Accounts Receivable.
2. Assist with membership billings and payments.
3. Assist the Executive Director in recruiting, training and supervision of assigned staff and volunteers.
4. Assists Executive Director and serves as the point person at the association for software and business questions. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
5. Oversees office functions such as petty cash, office equipment and supplies, etc.
6. Manages purchasing of supplies and equipment for the branch.
7. Coordinate all outside communications for postage, labeling, etc.
8. Manage and monitor the personnel and benefit package for the Association.
9. Establish and implement procedures for personnel record keeping and accurate personnel files.
10. Assist new employees with on-boarding processes.
11. Manages payroll and related transactions for accuracy and completeness.
12. Assist with CACFP and CCRS program.
13. Coordinates and supports assigned aspects of the annual support campaign at the association.
14. Provide administrative support to the Executive Director.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMOPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Associate's degree in related field or equivalent preferred.
2. Two or more years of related business or office management experience preferred.
3. Understanding of basic accounting concepts.
4. Knowledgeable about office processes and procedures.
5. Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
6. Able to exercise high levels of discretion and confidentiality.
7. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Part time / side job
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- High school